In 2010-2012 Ford Fusions (3.5L) and 2010 Lincoln MKZ, the OE outer tie rods and those provided by other suppliers utilize a plastic bearing that is prone to failure. There is also no provision for retaining socket torque, which results in excessive lateral play. The non-serviceable OE design leads to debris and moisture being trapped in the bearing, causing ball stud corrosion and wear. This causes excessive deflection that leads to loose steering and alignment issues.
MOOG® ES800781 and ES800782 tie rod ends are designed for long life and ease of installation.
These Problem Solver® parts include:
- MOOG patented pressed-in cover plate design and Belleville washer to ensure proper preload and consistent socket torque for the life of the part.
- Exclusive gusher bearing technology for durability and long life.
- Greaseable design that allows lubrication to reach the bearing surface while flushing out contaminants.
- Premium sealed, abrasion-resistant dust boot.
- Castle nut, enabling one-handed installation.
- Wrench flats, for easy alignment.
The content contained in this article is for informational purposes only and should not be used in lieu of seeking professional advice from a certified technician or mechanic. We encourage you to consult with a certified technician or mechanic if you have specific questions or concerns relating to any of the topics covered herein. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on any content.